Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekend Visit to Mississippi

Our nephew, David, was graduating from high school May 21st. We knew we couldn't miss seeing him graduate so we planned a road trip! I admire David for a lot of reasons! You see, David didn't have an easy childhood. He struggled in elementary school. He didn't have a lot of support from his parents. David beat a lot of odds! He began to enjoy school and worked extremely hard to keep his grades up! He played soccer and ran track. He worked a part time job. He was a member of the Beta Club. He has had a positive attitude through many hard situations. He is a humble guy with a lot of passion and wants to make something of his life! I love getting text from him asking for my advice about his job, which hat I like the best, what should his major be in college. He is constantly trying to be the best he can be! I was so proud to be there on May 21st to watch him graduate and I am even more excited to see his future! He has a bright one ahead, that is for sure!


Avery and his cousin David right after his graduation.
We are so proud of you, David!


Avery and Reed Morgan in their matching outfits. I didn't think I would be "that mom" that would dress them alike, but I am totally "that mom"! It is so fun and if they aren't matching, they are coordinating! :) 


Reed was so cute during the ceremony. He kept laughing at Uncle Andy. It was precious! 

We had a great lunch following graduation to honor David. John's mom had a delicious menu! We had poppy seed chicken, salad, green beans, fruit and rolls. She also had the cutest petit fours personalized for David. They were delicious! Avery kept trying to sneak them. He loved them! We enjoyed celebrating David and all his accomplishments together!

While we were visiting, we stayed at Uncle Jeremy's house. He lives in Southaven, MS. They recently got an outlet mall, so I was able to do a little shopping while we visited! In his neighborhood, they have a playground with a walking trail and a pond. We took the boys Sunday morning before we left. We had a ball! We also saw turtles, ducks and ducklings, geese and baby geese! Avery loved it all! He was so busy I couldn't get any pictures of him! Reed Morgan was a ham and loved having his picture made! 

He was also a fan of the swing and slide! 



On our way home, we went to visit John's grandmother, Mimi. We had our traditional McAlister's for lunch. We always call ahead, pick it up and take it to her house. Normally, they mess up our order and we vow never to go back but somehow it is always what we get! This time they got everything right and it tasted so yummy! Mimi enjoyed herself and loved her grilled chicken spud, small (don't get me that big one, I can't drink it all) unsweet tea and sugar cookie. It was the perfect day to eat out on her screened in porch. Avery found Mimi's binoculars and had to go look out in the backyard and explore! Her backyard is one of his favorite places.


"It is so beautiful out here today!"   "Aw, just look at him!"  "This is so fun!"  "I love this porch." "Look at him smiling!"  These were just some of the things Mimi said during our visit. We sure were thankful to spend the afternoon with her. I tell John all the time how lucky he is to still have his grandmother. I would do anything for my grandmother to meet my boys.


Mimi with her boys! 

It was a fun weekend with lots to celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment