Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Spring has Sprung

There are many reasons why I love to call Tennessee home. One of my favorite aspects of Tennessee would have to be the seasons! Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer are all so vibrant and enjoyable here. Fall brings an assortment of colors as well as  pumpkins, mums and crisp air. Many times there are hayrides, bonfires and of course trick or treating! Then Winter begins to peek in with much colder air, sometimes if we are lucky some good snow for play, fires, hot chocolate and of course Christmas. Christmas will be a whole other blog…I am known as "Mother Christmas" around here! But out of those dark, long, cold days of winter we then begin to feel that warmth again! The sun begins to stay longer,  flowers are blooming, and laughter fills the outside streets of our neighborhood. Spring is here and with it there is this hope and beauty!

This past week we have been in Spring mode! The weather has been incredible. Just this past weekend we went on 3 picnics! It felt so good to spread out my quilt, take off my shoes and feel the breeze. Avery has also enjoyed the extra time outside at the playground! Reed Morgan has been relaxing on the quilt with Mama taking it all in.

Reed Morgan soaking up the sun at Siegel Park. We are lucky because we live right down the road from this park. I love his smile in this picture! He is so carefree and happy! (Also notice the quilt, John's mom made that for the boys. We love when she makes us one of her quilts! They are all so unique and special!) 
                                       
Avery James at Siegel Park! He was ready to go play but was patient and took a picture for his mama! He is always so sweet to take pictures for me. I am sure those days are going to be few and far between one day. For now though, I will click away!

Here are the boys at another picnic from the weekend. BeBe got to come and join us. We enjoyed a nice evening together. The crowd had started to wind down and we almost had the park to ourselves.  

We all went down the slide too! Here is Reed Morgan after his first time going down the slide! I remember taking Avery down when he was that size!  I am sure there will be many more trips down those slides for them both!

On Monday, we went to Kid Castle, another park in town. This park is special because it is one of the only parks with swings! What happened to all the swings at the playgrounds? Those are the best equipment out there! As a kid I spent many hours on a swing! 



Love both these pictures of Ave Man! That smile is exactly how it should feel to be at the playground on a beautiful day! The other picture on the right makes me smile because he looks just like his Daddy. That expression is totally John Caleb Wilson!


 We went to the park with the girls today, Adeline and Hadley. It was fun to spend some time together in the sunshine! I love how cute their smiles are in this picture! "Let Them Be Little!"

Here is good ole Reed chilling with Mama! He eventually fell asleep. He is my cuddle bug for now and I will enjoy every minute of that! Also note that Mama has her drink of choice with her! Sonic Diet Vanilla Coke is the way to my heart and sanity!

So thankful for this beautiful season both literally and figuratively! Spring is very nice but this season of my life is even better!

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

  1. We're loving this weather too, and fun times with sweet friends! #makingmemories

    ReplyDelete