Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Day 2 Beach Escape

I thought getting out of the house with two kids was an ordeal, but try getting out of the house with two kids and everything we need for the beach! I think we are all worn out within the first two hours of each day. Mom has been helping me get the boys ready, while Dad and John take everything down to the beach and set it up. It really does take a village to do anything with small kids and I am so lucky to have my village…especially this week! We finally get down to the beach and are completely worn out. I look at mom and ask her to take a picture of the boys and me. Poor mom, I know she wanted to smack me and I know taking a picture was the last thing she wanted to do, however, she didn't hesitate and took one!

According to the weather forecast, we were supposed to have rain the first two days. We dodged that bullet because we haven't had a drop! It has been a little cloudy which has actually been nice for the boys and to get some good pictures! 

Poor Reed was worn out and John had to hold him while he took his morning nap. 

Avery had a ball playing in the water with BeBe and Dada. The water was a little cold for the girls!

Instead the girls decided to play bocce ball! Mom started killing me. It only took me a few times and then I was ahead! However, she ended up beating me by ONE point! We plan to have a Campbell vs. Wilson match later this week!




Avery and BeBe playing ball too!

Reed Morgan was happy as could be in the shade on his towel! 

Avery looks so big to me these days! 

After lunch it was time to let the boys take naps. We all hung out at the beach house for a while reading and relaxing! Mom and I even went down to the beach and got to read a couple chapters in a book! It was amazing. When we came back Dad and John wanted to go hit the waves for a bit. They weren't going to be gone long because we were going to dinner in Gulf Shores. 

While Mom and I were getting the boys ready and hanging out at the beach house. John and my dad had their own adventure. While this is nothing new for the two of them to have some kind of adventure, this one turned into a very scary one. My dad got caught in a rip tide! John was on the shore and just happened to look up and see my dad waving to him. It took John a split second to realize my dad was in trouble and he was out in the water to get him. We are so thankful that he was ok and John was able to get him safely to shore! According to Wikipedia, 46 people drown a year from a riptide. I am thankful my dad is a good swimmer and was able to keep himself up until John was able to get him out of the current. It was a wild afternoon for sure! 

If that wasn't enough for one afternoon/evening, while we were driving in to Gulf Shores, Avery had an accident in the car! We are staying in Fort Morgan which is about 20 miles out from Gulf Shores. We have to drive a good 20 minutes to get into town. Poor Avery thought he didn't need to potty before we left but apparently he did. Luckily, Dad and John hadn't left the beach house and were able to get clean clothes for him! 

For dinner we went to Mikey's Seafood!! This has been a favorite of ours since we started coming to Gulf Shores. We realized tonight that it opened in 1987 and we had been eating there since then! This is definitely one of our favorite stops! They have an all you can eat fried shrimp. My dad always gets this and shares with me. I also tried their potato salad which is cream cheese based. I am not a potato salad girl but man was it delish! It was a favorite at our table for sure! 

We didn't get a lot of pictures tonight just these two!

 

Going to bed with a full and grateful heart! 


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! So glad your dad is okay!!! Another reminder of why you should never swim alone!!!

    ReplyDelete