Monday, May 2, 2016

BEACH BOUND!!

My favorite place on earth is the beach! I absolutely love everything about it. If I ever moved anywhere  it would be to the beach. We haven't been to the beach in a year and a half, so we decided we need to plan another trip. We even talked NayNay and BeBe to come with us! (I am not so sure they knew what they were getting into!) Mom and I spent one afternoon searching many beach houses in Fort Morgan. We looked through lots of pictures and places and finally found our house….at least for a week! Beach Escape was exactly what we were looking for and with that we booked the trip!

                         Our Beach House: Beach Escape! (More details of our cute place to come) 

So on April 30th were ready to head out on our beach escape! As luck would have it, Avery woke up not feeling well. He had the usual snotty nose and ear ache. Really…we were supposed to leave for the beach in 2 hours! I thought about taking him to the walk-in clinic but it didn't open until 10…of course it was a Saturday! Avery's doctor opened at 8 which was the time the beach trip was supposed to begin! Luckily our close friends, Brittney and Tyler came to the rescue. Tyler is a NP and he let us bring Avery by to check his ears and look at this throat. We were there at 7:15 AM! It takes a special friend that would let your sickish kid come to your house at the crack of dawn to check him out. Nevertheless, Avery was cleared by Tyler and his ears and throat looked good. So by 8:30 the Campbell-Wilson Beach Trip was on and we were ready to leave!

Here is our packed van, this picture is for my dear friend Rachel, who couldn't believe everything I was taking and wanted to come and go through my stuff to help me "down-size" all that I packed! By the way, we had my parents' truck full of stuff too! :) 
Please notice the lime green potty….yes, we are in the midst of potty-training!


Avery and Reed were both troopers on the 8 hour long trip! We stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel, our usual stop so we can get Avery vegetables…carrots are his favorite! 

Pack on the road and the boys BOTH went to sleep!! Yay! NayNay and I got some time to talk and plan food for the trip! 

The next stop was Priester's! We have to stop every trip to get the BEST ice cream! They also have the cutest gift shop with lots of neat prizes! Outside they have horse swings and rocking chairs! Just what we needed after being in the car so long! 

Avery and NayNay enjoying their ice cream! Avery got birthday cake, just like his Dada and NayNay got good ole vanilla and BeBe picked peach! I enjoyed my favorite…cookies and cream! 

The only treasure we bought at the gift shop was a new teether for Reed Morgan. Poor guy couldn't enjoy ice cream yet so he needed a prize! I think he was thankful for the new teether because I feel like we are always in teething mode!


We finally made it to Fort Morgan! For dinner we got some KFC and had a picnic at the beach house! It was so late by the time we got the key and got unpacked. Mom and I still had to go to the dreaded Wal-Mart to get groceries in the rain nonetheless! Here is Reed Morgan, I think he is excited for his beach trip to commence! 


To end our first night the boys had to take Avery to go and catch sand crabs. BeBe got him his own mini flashlight. Avery is so proud of this prize and has kept it with him for most of the trip thus far! More to come about sand crab fun later this week! 

We are looking forward to a wonderful week of rest and relaxation (who am I kidding we have 2 kids under 3 with us!) with NayNay and BeBe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment