Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tacky Jack's, the Marina & Sand Crabs

To end our first night, we drove just down the road to Tacky Jack's. We were so excited to go and get some fresh seafood! We have had Tacky Jack's several times before and were looking forward to eating there again. While the service was great and the atmosphere was fun, we were a little disappointed with the food! I had a shrimp po boy, John got fish tacos, Nay Nay got a burger and BeBe had shrimp and grits. It was a fun evening but I don't think it will be our favorite place to eat!


After dinner we went and walked around the marina. You won't be surprised to learn that John had to fish! He wanted to catch a fish for Avery. Too bad the fish weren't biting.  We did get to see all the pelicans come in and eat some fish that some fishermen were throwing back into the water. Avery loved watching it!


 

Reed Morgan, NayNay and Me watching the boys! 

We were just about to head out and then something caught our eye….dolphins were just a few feet in front of us! It was amazing! I snapped a picture as they were going away. 



Each night we have to end the night looking for sand crabs. This is a tradition that my dad and I have done since I was Avery's age. I remember as a little girl realizing that other families did this too. I was so upset because I thought my dad had come up with the whole sand crab hunting idea…in my eyes he is still the Sand Crab King. I think Avery would agree too! Bebe got him an awesome flashlight that he has slept with for two nights in a row. It has been so fun to see Avery squeal and get so excited when he finds a crab!

So thankful to have this time away with my parents, John and my boys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment