Wednesday, July 20, 2016

4th of July Festivities



There is something about a warm summer night, fireworks, sparklers and a cookout that make me want a big ole block party. If you have ever watched The Sandlot, you have seen the block party they had in their neighborhood to celebrate the 4th of July. That is what I would love to do one day. Just a huge block party with all kinds of yummy treats, kids playing all over together, neighbors/friends sitting around enjoying each other's company. I have always been a block party kind of girl. For the 4th this year, we had our own kind of block party at my parents house. We got there early and had some pool time in the backyard. Mom and I got out the corn hole boards and played a round. We had friends come over and have a wonderful meal together. Dad's birthday is July 6th so it wouldn't be the 4th without celebrating him too. We had homemade strawberry cake and ice cream for dessert just for him. John got out the rest of our sparklers and lit those. Avery is still figuring them out. So far it seems like a love/hate relationship.
Reed Morgan's 1st 4th 

Our patriotic swimmer

Reed wearing Avery's bubble from the 4th a few years back!


Giving a thumbs up for the 4th

Original 3 




A good firework show has always been something I enjoy. I love watching them and seeing the colors light up the night sky. No matter the weather or how tired we are, I do not like to miss the fireworks. That night we were all exhausted! There was a big chance of a storm, but I didn't care. I had to go see the fireworks! The great thing was we got to see the fireworks and the rain hit right when we pulled into the driveway! So glad we went. Everyone had a great time!

We were in the spirit! 

Glow necklaces and wand, sunglasses, flag, he was partying like a rock star!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

Happy 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment