Sunday, July 31, 2016

Fishin' with Dad

Daddy & Me a fishin'

Today me and my Daddy are fishing,
Waiting, watching & wishing.
We are waiting for just one bite,
But there’s no fish in sight.
I feel a tug, I see the bobber dip,
Daddy Reels it in before the fish can slip.
I jump up and down,
And of course all around.
I caught my first fish
Daddy & I got our wish!



There is something special for John and Avery when they go out to the pond and fish together. It is something I probably won't understand because it is a guy thing and I am ok with this because I love to watch their relationship grow through this experience. Avery gets so excited when John asks him if he wants to go fish. Just the other day John got Avery his own tackle box. It came in the mail this weekend and tonight will be his first time to use it. He is ecstatic! 
I don't know what happens when they go out to the little pond out in Lascassas. Some of that is probably a good thing! But one thing I do know is laughter happens there, love happens there, self confidence is built there, memories are made there. This time they spend is so valuable and I just soak it all up. I am grateful they have these moments together.
I am glad they make time for these moments. I am glad John makes sure Avery is part of these times. I look forward to the day when Reed Morgan goes along and together they fish!

One of their first trips to the pond!


"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
-Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment