Wednesday, July 20, 2016

NayNay's 62nd Birthday



July 16, 1954 at 10:30pm my Mama entered the world. I love the post she posted to Facebook, both my parents have such a beautiful way with words. Here was her post.
"Well it is official at exactly 10:30p.m. I entered this world 62 years ago. Now really that takes my breath away but then I look back and I thank God for every minute and every person that has added so much to my life. I am grateful to all of you who have sent me good wishes and I pray we all have a beautiful year together . Thanks for being my friends in the past,the present , and of course the ever important future…"

Birthdays are important to me, always have been. A day to celebrate that someone you love so much who was born and made it another year in this world. Our lives are gifts and to have another year of health, happiness and life is a reason to celebrate! Besides who doesn't love a day to have something sweet to eat and a party? 

This year Mama's birthday fell on a Saturday. I always love when that happens because that means we can celebrate all day! We started off the morning with pedicures, something we really enjoy doing together! Lunch followed at a local restaurant on the Square, Marinas. It was delicious! We couldn't venture far this year because I am still nursing and had to be home to feed Reed. After stopping by the house,we we went out shopping to some fun boutiques around town. 


Ready to spend the day together!

Our toes! Mama had the bright red and I went with a sparkly rose color!

For the birthday dinner, we went back to my parent's house to cookout. Dad and John got steaks and corn from the farmer's market. I made twice baked potatoes and squash. Mom tossed together a salad, because she knows how to make the best. My favorite thing I made though was her birthday cake. It was my first time to ever make a cake from scratch…Chocolate Coco Cola Cake!! It was heavenly! I think we may have started a new tradition!! 
(Pictures are from the day before when I made the cake…check out that homemade icing!)

We ended the night opening presents. Mama really wanted a new bike so Dad got her one! Avery was so excited to give it to her. He wanted to take his bike to their house so they could ride together. I think she felt like a kid again riding it. What is it about riding a bike that takes you back to being free and young?! Avery and her rode around the street for a while, I loved watching it. Next up is to get a bike is Dad and then we can all go ride bikes together on the Greenway!

 
 




Happy Birthday Mama!! You are truly a gift to us and our lives are brighter, happier and much more fun because of you! May this be the start of a beautiful year that brings you much happiness and love!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment