Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mountain Getaway Part I

Last week my mom surprised me and told me she wanted to take the boys and me to the mountains! Our usual condo was booked so we had to find a new place to stay. We were a little disappointed Cherokee Lodge was full because it is our home away from home. Mom and I did some research and found a new condo, Baskin Creek. Instead of being located in Pigeon Forge like Cherokee, this one was in downtown Gatlinburg. While we are accustomed to staying in Pigeon Forge, we quickly realized some perks to staying at our new place!

We loved being walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg. It was a nice walk next to a creek. We found it to be convenient to some of our favorite places.

He loved walking with his Nay!
Walking into downtown. 

Another perk was the Pancake Pantry!! Now don't get me wrong, we visit this place no matter where we stay but this time it was special because we were able to eat there for breakfast!! Normally we are too far away to get up and get everyone there for breakfast before the line wraps around the building. So we had to start off the trip there! 
YUMMY! They have the best pancakes!
Reed Morgan's first time at Pancake Pantry


Avery just loved the pancakes! 

Avery took a pic!
 Avery had pancakes with bananas and strawberries. He inhaled it! I don't blame him, those are some of the best pancakes I have ever put in my mouth! 













Avery sure loves to snap pictures with Mama's phone. Here is a close up of his breakfast! Notice NayNay in the background. Reed Morgan, NayNay and I were posing for a picture but apparently his breakfast trumped us! 











Before heading into the mountains, we walked around downtown. I went to get my favorite homemade black bean and corn salsa. I have to have a jar or two every time we come! There were many fountains along the way and Avery enjoyed throwing money in and making wishes! 
Making a wish
These two sure do love each other!


My sweet angels!

Next up we packed the car and headed into the mountains. Avery kept asking where are the mountains? We had to keep telling him that we were in them. He loved looking for the peeks as we drove. His favorite line the whole trip was, "Are we there yet?" ha! 

Avery has a deep, deep love for trains and with trains comes tunnels. His face lit up as we went through the tunnels in the mountains. We counted them on our way in and as we left. There were 4 tunnels! I love seeing his excitement!
One of Avery's favorite things!

This was our view. Stunning!
First stop was this little mountain farm village. Mom thought it would be a great place for Avery to observe and run around. This farm museum was created in the late 1950s to share what life was like for families that lived here in the mountains. Avery enjoyed seeing what life was like then. 
Getting ready for the farm museum tour


My mom was so good explaining and showing Avery all through the village. I loved watching them interact with each other. I felt like I was a kid again watching my mom with him. My mom sure knows how to make things fun! 

To be continued…… 


No comments:

Post a Comment